City of Portsmouth

Preserved Transport Depot

Home Events

Our

Vehicles

Members

Vehicles

Membership Contact Us
 
     
 

Our Vehicles

 
     
 
  British Electric Tramcar no.13. (PHLR13)
  • Built 1903 for the Portsdown and Horndean Light Railway as a double deck tram
  • Fitted with BEC SB60 four-wheel truck
  • Withdrawn 1935
  • Lower deck transported to Downhouse Road, Clanfield for use as a summer house
  • Acquired in 1973 by Portsmouth City Museums Department for their Transport Collection
  • The valued assistance of White & Co International Removers and Hampshire County Council is gratefully acknowledged

  Leyland TD2 (RV3412)
  • Built 1932 Originally No.17 and fitted with an English Electric 50 seater
  • One of two converted to Tower Wagons for the Trolleybus Overhead Cable Maintenance in 1952
  • Purchased for preservation during 1970s
  • Its bodywork has deteriorated and beyond redemption after storage outside for many years
  • Has had most of the rotten bodywork removed and not leaving much left, now stored undercover

  Leyland TD4 no.7 (RV6367)
  • Built 1935 for Portsmouth Corporation with closed top English Electric 50-seat double deck body and was renumbered
  • Converted to open top form in 1955 for use on Southsea Seafront
  • Renumbered 7 from 124 in 1958
  • Withdrawn 1971
  • Acquired by WOMP Ltd for continued preservation in 2005
  • Restoration been on hold awaiting parts

  Bedford OWB no.170 (CTP200)
  • Built 1944 for Portsmouth Corporation with Duple 32-seat single deck utility body
  • Sold during 1960s to White Rose, Yorkshire
  • Purchased for preservation during 1980s
  • Its bodywork was found to have deteriorated beyond redemption and was used by Ulsterbus as a template for construction of two body kits – one for their preserved Bedford OWB, the other being delivered to Broad Street for no.170
  • Ownership passed to CPPTD with the Portsmouth Bedford 170 Group supporting the project
  • Work was completed in 2015 to bring it to it's current condition

  Leyland PD1A no.189 (DTP823)
  • Built 1948 for Portsmouth Corporation with Weymann 56-seat double deck body
  • Withdrawn 1967
  • Sold via a Warwickshire dealer to the Fire Service Training College at Moreton-in-Marsh
  • Stored at various locations before arriving at CPPTD in 1995
  • Bequeathed to WOMP Ltd for continued preservation, restoration has been disrupted by the move from Broad Street
  • Restoration worked is currently ongoing

  Leyland PD2/12 no.1 (LRV991)
  • Built 1956 for Portsmouth Corporation as bus no.101 with closed top Metro-Cammell 56-seat double deck body
  • Capacity increased to 59-seats in 1961
  • Converted to open top form in 1971 for use on Southsea Seafront and renumbered 1 simultaneously
  • Withdrawn 1980 sold to Priory Coaches
  • To the Newham Historic Vehicle Preservation Group who undertook the restoration back to original condition Preservation Group who undertook the restoration back to original condition
  • Passed to the sole ownership of Alan Wilsonham in 1999 who generously donated it to CPPTD
  • Passed to WOMP Ltd for continued preservation in 2010

  Leyland PD2/12 no.4 (LRV996)
  • Built 1956 for Portsmouth Corporation as bus no.104 with closed top Metro-Cammell 56-seat double deck body
  • Capacity increased to 59-seats in 1961
  • Converted to open top form in 1971 for use on Southsea Seafront and renumbered 4 simultaneously
  • Withdrawn 1980
  • Acquired by WOMP Ltd for continued preservation in 1991

  Leyland PD2/40 no.112 (ORV989)
  • Built 1958 for Portsmouth Corporation with Metro-Cammell 56-seat double deck body
  • Capacity increased to 59-seats in 1961
  • Used as a driver training vehicle from 1972
  • Withdrawn 1978 after a rear-end shunt in North End depot and passed into the care of Portsmouth City Museums Department
  • Passed to WOMP Ltd for continued preservation in 2003

  Leyland PD3/6 no.123 (STP995)
  • Built 1959 for Portsmouth Corporation with Metro-Cammell 64-seat double deck body
  • Capacity increased to 70-seats in 1962
  • Sold to the Transport and Road Research Laboratory in Berkshire and delivered to that organisation in January 1976
  • Various modifications had been made at Eastney depot. These included closing off the rear entrance and building a flat platform on the roof
  • Sold by TRRL at auction in November 1985 to the Newham Historic Vehicle Preservation Group who undertook the restoration back to original condition, it
  • Passed to the sole ownership of Alan Wilsonham in 1999 who generously donated it to CPPTD.
  • Passed to WOMP Ltd for continued preservation in 2010
  • Restoration work is nearing completion and it is hoped to return the bus to Portsmouth’s roads in 2018

  Leyland PDR1/1 no.11 (ERV251D)
  • Built 1966 for Portsmouth Corporation with Metro-Cammell 74 seat double deck body
  • Was the last of 5 to be converted top open top to replace the existing PD2's
  • Transferred to Stagecoach Southdown
  • Transferred Stagecoach Cumberland 1928
  • Bournemouth Heritage Transport
  • Bath Sight seeing tours

  Leyland Panther Cub no.175 (GTP175F)
  • Built 1967 for Portsmouth Corporation with dual door Metro-Cammell 42-seat single deck body
  • Passed to Normand Electrical Company Ltd (NECO) for use as staff transport 1981, a private preservationist 1984 and Solent Beeline, Portsmouth 1989
  • Withdrawn 1992
  • Acquired by WOMP Ltd for continued preservation in 2006
  • Significant attention to the rear bodywork will be required during forthcoming restoration work

  Iveco 59-12 No.2040 (K916VDV)
  • Built 1994 for Blue Admiral with dual door Mellor 26-seat body
  • Part of a large order placed by the Transit Holdings Group to replace Ford Transit minibuses
  • Built in dual door configuration to assist passenger flow
  • Blue Admiral and Red Admiral operations and vehicles were sold to First Group in 1996 (no.248)
  • Withdrawn 1999 and stored at Hoeford
  • Converted to conventional single door layout in 2000
  • Reinstated 2000 at Hilsea
  • Withdrawn 2006 as the last former Blue Admiral bus in the First Hampshire and Dorset fleet (no.52016)
  • Currently being restored to original dual door configuration using parts from sister vehicle L316 BOD (Blue Admiral no.2064, First Hampshire no.265 and First Hampshire and Dorset no.52116) that was cannibalised for spares
 
     

(C) Copyright City of Portsmouth Preserved Transport Depot (part of the Working Omnibus Museum Project Limited)

Company Registered in England No. 02768057.  Registered Charity No. 1020411